Mandagadde Bird Sanctuary is a famous tourist attraction in the Indian state of Karnataka. This sanctuary is a must-visit site as it is a home to a vast variety of domestic as well as migratory birds. This sanctuary is a paradise for the bird watchers and numerous bird watchers visit this sanctuary to observe the different avifauna closely. Since the River Tunga flows through it, it becomes a prominent site for hiking a well.
It Is Known For:-
1) Mandgadde Bird Sanctuary is one of the widely visited bird sanctuaries in India.
2) This bird sanctuary is a home to numerous species of birds.
3) The birds of prey like the Brahminy kite, eagle, and blue hawk are often spotted here. The other domestic birds like the Indian cuckoo, partridge, swan etc. can be seen here as well.
4) This bird sanctuary also welcomes the birds like the Siberian storks, pin-legged flamingoes, and other birds during winters.
5) The activity of bird watching can be relished here widely. Regular bird safaris are organized by the sanctuary authorities.
Best Time To Visit:-
Mandgadde Bird Sanctuary can be visited by the visitors during any season of the year. Throughout the year, this sanctuary echoes with the melodious chirps and screech of different birds.
The entry to the sanctuary is free but one has to pay a charge for availing the service of the avifauna safari.
Mandgadde Bird Sanctuary can be reached easily by hiring the service of the local buses or taxis that are available on a frequent basis.
Nearest Railway Station:- Shimoga Station
Nearest Airport:- Mangalore Airport
Top Things To Do In ShimogaView All
Best Travel Packages in ShimogaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.