Also popular by the name of Buddha Memorial Park, this urban park is a famous site in the city of Patna. This park was conceptualized by Nitish Kumar. It spans a total area of 22 acres and is a beautiful creation. The entire park is loaded with the lush green vegetation that includes the huge lawn of grass and trees. It was inaugurated in 2010 by H.H 14th Dalai Lama. It was built to commemorate the 2554th birthday of Buddha.
It Is Known For:-
1) There are different attraction in Buddha Smriti Park that make it a must-see destination.
2) A 200-feet high stupa is located in the middle of the park. It is known as Patliputra Stupa.
3) Patliputra Stupa is sacred for the Buddhists because it contains the ashes of Buddha.
4) The ashes of Buddha are stored in a pot discovered during the excavation in Vaishali. It was kept in Patna Museum for display but was brought here.
5) Apart from the relics of Buddha, the mortal remains of enlightened monks are also kept on display here.
Best Time To Visit:-
Buddha Smriti Park is a famous tourists’ destination. Visitors flock to this place in a large number throughout the year. Every day is appropriate to visit Buddha Smriti Park. The entry to this park is paid for all adults.
You can buy the vegetarian food items in Buddha Smriti Park. There are some food-joints located on the park premises that serve the different vegetarian dishes.
Patna city is well-connected to Bihar by the highways, railways, and airways. People can reach the city by the roadways buses, broad gauge trains, and flights. You can travel within Patna by the local transit.
Nearest Railway Station:- Patna Junction
Nearest Airport:- Patna Airport
Top Things To Do In PatnaView All
Best Travel Packages in PatnaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.