Sanjay Gandhi Jaivik Udyan or Patna Zoo is a must-see tourist attraction in Patna, Bihar. Initially, it served as a botanical garden in the year 1969. The governor of Bihar, in the then times, offered a sizable land for the expansion of the garden. In the year 1973, Sanjay Gandhi Jaivik Udyan was declared as a botanical garden and zoological park.
It Is Known For:-
1) Sanjay Gandhi Jaivik Udyan or Patna Zoo is a home to a vast variety of animals and birds.
2) It provides a shelter to more than 800 mammalian species. It includes the animals like the leopard, tiger, giraffe, Himalayan bear, blackbuck, elephant, chimpanzee etc.
3) The reptiles like the gharial, crocodile, Indian rock python, and cobra also live in this zoo.
4) The avifauna includes the white peafowl, emu, ostrich, parakeet, kingfisher, and Brahminy eagle etc.
5) The botanical garden within the zoo premises is a home to more than 300 species of trees, flowers, herbs, and shrubs.
Best Time To Visit:-
Patna Zoo is a huge crowd puller and catches attention immediately. Though it is visited throughout the year, the best time for visiting this zoo and botanical garden is between October-February. This season is apt to witness the wild creatures.
Feeding the animals is prohibited in Patna Zoo. No visitor is allowed to tease the animals or feed them in any manner. It is a punishable offense and leads to a heavy fine. Thus, an individual needs to be careful.
Patna city is well-connected to the major highways, railways, and airways. The tourists and visitors can reach Patna by the state-run buses, broad gauge express trains, and flights. Traveling within Patna is done by the local transit.
Nearest Railway Station:- Patna Junction
Nearest Airport:- Patna Airport
Top Things To Do In PatnaView All
Best Travel Packages in PatnaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.