Patna Museum needs no special introduction. It is a well-known building in Patna, the capital of Bihar. This huge building is a home to the amazing collection of different discoveries made during the then times. The British authorities laid its foundation in 1917. It is a beautiful representation of the Mughal & Rajput style of architecture.
It Is Known For:-
1) Patna Museum houses a vast collection of various artifact that were collected by the British
2) The artifacts include the coins, paintings, textiles, musical instruments, terracotta toys, a cannon used during the World War 1, British paintings, utensils, and much more
3) Apart from the excavations, the museum also tells about the earliest human inhabitance in Patna and its nearby cities. This separate section was started by the ASI
4) A fossil of the tree is displayed in the gallery. It is said to be 200 million years old
5) The other artifacts that date between 10th-14th centuries are displayed here as well
Best Time To Visit:-
Patna Museum is a famous museum in Patna city. It welcomes the guests throughout the year. History lovers, students, and tourists etc. flock to this museum frequently. The entry to this museum is paid for all visitors. It remains shut on all government holidays and national festivals.
No visitor is permitted to touch any artifact in the gallery. So, make sure that you do not touch any artifact displayed in the museum.
Vaishali has a wider connectivity to the major highways, railways, and airways. Such connectivity allows the tourists to reach the city easily. The state-run buses, express trains, and flights are available in plenty for traveling to and from Vaishali.
Nearest Railway Station - Dighwara Railway Station
Nearest Airport - Patna Airport
|Time Required||:||1-2 hours|
|Cost||:||Rs.10 for Indians and Rs.250 for Foreigners|
|Open Time||:||10 AM - 4:30 PM, everyday except Mondays|
Top Things To Do In PatnaView All
Best Travel Packages in PatnaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.