Maniyar Math holds an important position among the famous tourist attractions in Rajgir. It is a monument of national interest that is designed as a Jain Temple. But, Maniyar Math is not a Jain Temple. It is dedicated to a monk named Shalibhadra. He was a multi-millionaire who left the luxurious life to become an ascetic. It is said that many precious jewels and gemstones are buried here but cannot be traced.
It Is Known For:-
1) Maniyar Math is an ideal example of art of the Gupta period.
2) According to historians, Shalibhadra, a millionaire turned monk rests here in peace.
3) His wives buried the jewels as a tribute.
4) It used to be an important place for doing the ritualistic yagna during the Gupta period.
5) The idols of Lord Shiva were also found here. It is assumed that Maniyar Math was a sacred place for the followers of Shaiva sect.
6) The historians decoded the name Mani Naga. It is also said that this place was dedicated to the snake goddess Manasa.
7) The idols of the Hindu gods like Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva, Lord Ganesha etc. were also found in Maniyar Math.
Best Time To Visit:-
Maniyar Math is a major travel destination in Bihar. Tourists visit this place on a huge scale. Every season of the year is perfect for paying a casual visit, excluding summers.
Over the years, the area around Maniyar Math has emerged as a popular photography destination. Many photographers visit here on a huge scale to click the pictures. If you have a photographer in you, it is time to bring him out.
Tourists and travelers can reach Rajgir via roadways, railways, and airways. The state-run buses, broad gauge trains, and flights are the best options to reach Rajgir.
Nearest Railway Station:- Rajgir Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Patna Airport
Top Things To Do In RajgirView All
Best Travel Packages in RajgirView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.