Happy Valley Tea Gardens is a vast tea estate in Darjeeling, West Bengal. It spans 440 acres of land and is located at a height of 6,900 feet above the sea level. This enormous tea estate was established in the 18th century by a British man, David Wilson. He named the garden as Wilson Tea Estate but soon it was taken over by an Indian aristocrat, Tarapada Banerjee from Hooghly. Presently, it is a famous tourist attraction in Darjeeling.
It Is Known For:-
1) Happy Valley Tea Garden is one of the tea estates that are located at a higher altitude
2) This tea estate is known for its beauty and is visited by numerous tourists on a daily basis
3) These tea gardens also house a tea factory where the tea leaves are processed
4) One can gain knowledge about the various types of teas that can be prepared
5) The visitors are also given different types of teas to be sipped
Best Time To Visit:-
Excluding the winter months of November-February, Happy Valley Tea Gardens can be visited throughout the year. During winter, the process of plucking the tea leaves stops because the leaves cannot be grown in extreme weather conditions. One can walk through the slopes and see the green leaves.
Happy Valley Tea Gardens is a well-known site of interest in Darjeeling. People can reach this delightful spot easily by hiring the service of the local buses and taxis.
Nearest Railway Station- Darjeeling Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Bagdogra Airport
Top Things To Do In DarjeelingView All
Best Travel Packages in DarjeelingView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.