1. Take a walk down Calle Petritxol Just take a walk down Calle Petritxol and try authentic Crema Catalana in the classic Catalan cafes of the Barri Gótic.
2. Discover the Raval District Savour the flavour of multicultural Barcelona.
3. The Sagrada Familia cathedral and MACBA The Sagrada Familia cathedral and MACBA are a must amongst Barcelona’s defining landmarks!
4. Cable car rides to Montjuic Take the cable car from Torre de Sant Sebastià in Barceloneta over the sea and up to Montjuic, a must-see area of Barcelona.
5. Don’t forget to chill out! Head down to Barceloneta Beach and take a drink in one of the “chiringuitos” (beach bars). Continue northeast up to the Mediterranean beach from the Barceloneta and you will hit Port Olimpic. It was built in 1992 for Olympic Games but now it contains a fancy marina and some captivating sculptures.
Safari and Water Activites, Aqualeon : - It's both a safari and a water park. You can see lots of wild animals such as lions, tigers, elephants and gazelles. You can admire the dolphins shows, check out the tropical birds and swim in large swimming pools.
Sailing, Base Nàutica (La) : - The club is found on the outskirts of the city on the Mar Bella beach. They offer sailing courses for people at any level. You can rent boats here too.
Motor Racing, Circuit de Catalunya : - The Circuit de Catalunya is home to some of the most significant motor racing competitions in Spain.
Golf, Club Golf d'Aro : - Situated in Les Gavarres Mountains, this golf course offers amazing panoramic views of Costa Brava amongst pines, oaks and olive trees. D'Aro is located north of Barcelona. After your game, you can stop by the bar and restaurant for a meal or drink.
Bridge Jump, Ferrata : - Just let yourself loose from a height of 40 metres and view the spectacular scenery of Montserrat!
Best Places to visit :
- El Corte Inglés : - In Plaça de Catalunya there's a huge El Corte Inglés department store, a well stocked café/restaurant and marvel at the amazing view up Passeig de Gracia and over the rooftops of Modernist Barcelona. It's a good place to take a break and to work out your bearings in this rather spread out city.
- La Rambla : - It's more than likely that you'll be staying near the Ramblas on your stay in Barcelona. It will be central to your daily activity and night outs. It is a long boulevard which joins the Monument a Colom (Columbus monument) by the port to Placa de Catalunya.
- Port Vell : - This was formerly the old port of Barcelona but today is an ultra modern leisure zone with bars, restaurants, shopping arcades, the Barcelona Aquarium and an Imax cinema. Another fun thing to do down here is to take a boat excursion on one of the 'golondrinas'.
- La Barceloneta & Port Olímpic : - In spite of its earthy appearance it has become a popular place to visit, attracting many locals and tourists to its fine selection of fish restaurants lining Passeig de Joan Borbò. Where the sea meets la Barceloneta you'll find Barcelona's best sandy beaches. They are very popular at weekends being only a stone's throw from the city. The Passeig Marítim is a walkway overlooking the beaches which connects La Barceloneta with Port Olímpic which is now a marina with many bars and restaurants. There's an interesting transport option called the 'Transbordador Aeri' which is a cable car linking La Barceloneta with Montjuïc.
- Montjuïc & La Font Magica : - Montjuïc is the hill which overlooks Barcelona from the southwest and is home to the Olympic Stadium which was used in the 1992 Olympic Games. It also has some excellent art galleries including the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya and the Fundació Joan Miró.
Other than these there are various other tourist attractions which are equally appealing. These are Olympic Stadium, Barri Gòtic, Tibidabo, Poble Espanyol, Barcelona Aquarium, Barcelona Zoo, etc.
Catch a glimpse of Barcelona's admirable coastal setting, while you sail with the power of the wind and enjoy the inimitable feeling of moving on wate...
Your trip to Barcelona is incomplete without visiting the beautiful beach. So you can spend a day of yours on the lovely beach taking part in differen...
Spain is globally famed for its exotic beaches that have been sated with over-the-top beaut. Playa de Mataro is one of the beaches that have been ra...
Barcelona Beach is one of the most distinguished beaches of Europe which consists of various beach resorts and small coastal towns. It also offers opt...
Barcelona enjoys a wonderful climate with hot summers and cool winters. The ideal months to visit the city, the Costa Brava, and the nearby resorts of...